How to submit your own pixel items for this site (Pixel Art)
September 4, 2008 3:48 ()
- Anyone can get their items added if they follow these instructions and their work is of decent quality.
- Save the
on to your computer. It's a 100 x 100 canvas. The item needs to be drawn on top of it.
- Line art needs to be cleaned up to a 1 pixel width. Also rather than black the outline should be a
dark shade of the item color.
- At least 1 color needs to be used to shade, the light comes in from the (upper) left. The color #00FF00 (lime green) is reserved for transparency.
- The item should go on an existing layer (represented by the dropdown lists in changing booths). Skins, expressions, poses or full backgrounds are off limits.
- Always save your images as a .PNG file. It's the format that the items on Chibi Pixel Doll Dress-up are displayed in because it doesn't distort the quality of the image.
- You may submit up to 3 different colors per item. The outline color should change along with the item color.
- For items that go behind the doll, also draw the parts that go behind the arms and legs. Hair can be tricky, read the
before attempting to make hair. Please read the
if you want to do gloves or things with sleeves. Submit handheld items and things with text at your own risk.
- Everything you submit must be 100% your own work, but I'll allow very good edits of my own items. You will need explicit permission from anyone else.
- If you make hair, please do not use the bald head outline for the back of the head.
- If you're trying to get an item added for the first time, post your edit here using
tags. If a moderator likes your work, you'll be granted upload access for the
. There you should submit your item in PNG format with the base edited out and a transparent background (to do that you could for example use a drawing program like
A list of all pixel item artists can be found
If you can't take criticism or rejection, please don't try to be an artist here. Also, even accepted items can be taken off at any time if our standards change or changes are made to the avatar system.
Viewing 4676 - 4695 of 4695
May 31, 2021 22:03 (18 months ago)
They're supposed to be pretty dark, "almost black." Anyone is able too after a "probation" period~ (my word); deff read the instructions above! ^w^
November 9, 2021 17:26 (12 months ago)
I'm kinda interested in creating items, are we allowed to use the item base thingie in the oekaki section?
November 9, 2021 17:52 (12 months ago)
November 9, 2021 18:07 (12 months ago)
I look forward to seeing your creation/s! ^w^
December 18, 2021 1:35 (11 months ago)
So I tried making an outfit, does this look ok?
December 18, 2021 1:38 (11 months ago)
I'm trying to go for simple things since I'm kinda using a trackpad at the moment ^^
December 18, 2021 15:36 (11 months ago)
It's cute! I'd advice against long sleeves for your first item, though, because of the pose requirements. Maybe Ran can give you some tips about shading and line art.
December 18, 2021 18:59 (11 months ago)
Yes, doing long sleeves for a first item would not be considered simple because you would need to make every arm pose with the item, which requires multiple files.
I hope you can take some constructive criticism. 😅 I'm just trying to help you meet requirements. 👍
The lines for the skirt, the hot-pink part, needs darker lines.
Here and there, there are a few missing px (pixels) and a couple extra px.
If you take the sleeves off this wont matter, but for the inside of the left arm, the darker line for the sleeve is not necessary and technically breaks requirements.
IMO the shading is not that bad, better shading will come with experience. I recommend keeping an open mind about changing the shading as you work on this and other items. 💖
🌟 Keep up the good work! 🌟
December 18, 2021 19:12 (11 months ago)
Thanks for the critique! I'll make sure to improve on my next samples
January 16 11:00 (10 months ago)
Will gladly make you an artist once I see you again
August 28 14:09 (2 months ago)
hi! I made an item edit, does it look fine?
August 28 14:11 (2 months ago)
I think it looks great! I gotta double check on my PC tho! <3
August 28 14:57 (2 months ago)
Yeah, I really like it! IMO the darkest line color is
too dark; I also would kinda like to see highlights! <3
August 28 20:11 (2 months ago)
Dunno if I 'm mowing the grass in front of anyone else's feet but I just made Meteor a site artist, congratulations! Let's get you published soon!
August 28 20:13 (2 months ago)
Ooooohhh!!!~~~ I was hoping somemod would say that~<3
August 28 20:15 (2 months ago)
Or is it from under anyone else's feet? Probably.
August 28 20:16 (2 months ago)
idk if chats have been made.....
August 29 5:20 (2 months ago)
tysm! here's the edit, let me know if it's better (lightened the darkest colours + added highlights)!
August 30 14:33 (2 months ago)
May I ask what is your previous experience, and what program you use? (to help me help you)
August 30 22:43 (2 months ago)
You should try uploading that! There are some things like drawing what's behind the arms and legs and putting them on their own layer, but the
should give you some pointers.
This website is ©2008-2022 Karin Driel - Content is © to the respective authors