How to submit your own pixel items for this site (Pixel Art)
September 4, 2008 3:48 ()
- Anyone can get their items added if they follow these instructions and their work is of decent quality.
- Save the
on to your computer. It's a 100 x 100 canvas. The item needs to be drawn on top of it.
- Line art needs to be cleaned up to a 1 pixel width. Also rather than black the outline should be a
dark shade of the item color.
- At least 1 color needs to be used to shade, the light comes in from the (upper) left. The color #00FF00 (lime green) is reserved for transparency.
- The item should go on an existing layer (represented by the dropdown lists in changing booths). Skins, expressions, poses or full backgrounds are off limits.
- Always save your images as a .PNG file. It's the format that the items on Chibi Pixel Doll Dress-up are displayed in because it doesn't distort the quality of the image.
- You may submit up to 3 different colors per item. The outline color should change along with the item color.
- For items that go behind the doll, also draw the parts that go behind the arms and legs. Hair can be tricky, read the
before attempting to make hair. Please read the
if you want to do gloves or things with sleeves. Submit handheld items and things with text at your own risk.
- Everything you submit must be 100% your own work, but I'll allow very good edits of my own items. You will need explicit permission from anyone else.
- If you make hair, please do not use the bald head outline for the back of the head.
- If you're trying to get an item added for the first time, post your edit here using [img] tags. If a moderator likes your work, you'll be granted upload access for the
. There you should submit your item in PNG format with the base edited out and a transparent background (to do that you could for example use a drawing program like
A list of all pixel item artists can be found
If you can't take criticism or rejection, please don't try to be an artist here. Also, even accepted items can be taken off at any time if our standards change or changes are made to the avatar system.
Viewing 4666 - 4685 of 4685
April 30, 2015 11:25 (7 years ago)
You guys are just so great in giving advices......
May 1, 2015 0:36 (7 years ago)
Okay did the advise, so how's this?
March 23, 2016 23:35 (6 years ago)
how do i make it look like its pixel, do i have to get a painting app for it?
March 24, 2016 5:23 (6 years ago)
You can use microsoft paint, photoshop, or basically any digital artwork program. I personally use photoshop which has a pencil tool and you just make the eraser 1 pixel wide with no opacity or transfer etc. But for most programs you'd just have the smallest brush size possible, and make sure theres no anti-aliasing going on. Hope that helps at all~
June 14, 2016 14:11 (5 years ago)
There is a severely out of date PAINT tutorial located
>> HERE <<
Should you need any further assistance, don't forget to ask~!
May 1, 2020 0:04 (2 years ago)
This is a test, man.
May 29, 2021 3:19 (12 months ago)
May 29, 2021 3:21 (12 months ago)
idk if that link will work but i just found this website and i wanted to try to draw something :)
May 29, 2021 19:33 (12 months ago)
Ohh that's pretty cute! The outline would need to be a darker to match with our style. Do you want to become an item artist?
May 31, 2021 1:50 (12 months ago)
I can do a darker outline. I just wasn't sure how dark to do it :) I would love to be an item artist if I could
May 31, 2021 22:03 (12 months ago)
They're supposed to be pretty dark, "almost black." Anyone is able too after a "probation" period~ (my word); deff read the instructions above! ^w^
November 9, 2021 17:26 (6 months ago)
I'm kinda interested in creating items, are we allowed to use the item base thingie in the oekaki section?
November 9, 2021 17:52 (6 months ago)
November 9, 2021 18:07 (6 months ago)
I look forward to seeing your creation/s! ^w^
December 18, 2021 1:35 (5 months ago)
So I tried making an outfit, does this look ok?
December 18, 2021 1:38 (5 months ago)
I'm trying to go for simple things since I'm kinda using a trackpad at the moment ^^
December 18, 2021 15:36 (5 months ago)
It's cute! I'd advice against long sleeves for your first item, though, because of the pose requirements. Maybe Ran can give you some tips about shading and line art.
December 18, 2021 18:59 (5 months ago)
Yes, doing long sleeves for a first item would not be considered simple because you would need to make every arm pose with the item, which requires multiple files.
I hope you can take some constructive criticism. 😅 I'm just trying to help you meet requirements. 👍
The lines for the skirt, the hot-pink part, needs darker lines.
Here and there, there are a few missing px (pixels) and a couple extra px.
If you take the sleeves off this wont matter, but for the inside of the left arm, the darker line for the sleeve is not necessary and technically breaks requirements.
IMO the shading is not that bad, better shading will come with experience. I recommend keeping an open mind about changing the shading as you work on this and other items. 💖
🌟 Keep up the good work! 🌟
December 18, 2021 19:12 (5 months ago)
Thanks for the critique! I'll make sure to improve on my next samples
January 16 11:00 (4 months ago)
Will gladly make you an artist once I see you again
This website is ©2008-2022 Karin Driel - Content is © to the respective authors