How to submit your own pixel items for this site (Pixel Art)
September 4, 2008 3:48 ()
- Anyone can get their items added if they follow these instructions and their work is of decent quality.
- Save the
on to your computer. It's a 100 x 100 canvas. The item needs to be drawn on top of it.
- Line art needs to be cleaned up to a 1 pixel width. Also rather than black the outline should be a
dark shade of the item color.
- At least 1 color needs to be used to shade, the light comes in from the (upper) left. The color #00FF00 (lime green) is reserved for transparency.
- The item should go on an existing layer (represented by the dropdown lists in changing booths). Skins, expressions, poses or full backgrounds are off limits.
- Always save your images as a .PNG file. It's the format that the items on Chibi Pixel Doll Dress-up are displayed in because it doesn't distort the quality of the image.
- You may submit up to 3 different colors per item. The outline color should change along with the item color.
- For items that go behind the doll, also draw the parts that go behind the arms and legs. Hair can be tricky, read the
before attempting to make hair. Please read the
if you want to do gloves or things with sleeves. Submit handheld items and things with text at your own risk.
- Everything you submit must be 100% your own work, but I'll allow very good edits of my own items. You will need explicit permission from anyone else.
- If you make hair, please do not use the bald head outline for the back of the head.
- If you're trying to get an item added for the first time, post your edit here using [img] tags. If a moderator likes your work, you'll be granted upload access for the
. There you should submit your item in PNG format with the base edited out and a transparent background (to do that you could for example use a drawing program like
A list of all pixel item artists can be found
If you can't take criticism or rejection, please don't try to be an artist here. Also, even accepted items can be taken off at any time if our standards change or changes are made to the avatar system.
Viewing 4657 - 4676 of 4676
April 28, 2015 23:26 (6 years ago)
Will Do thanks :3
April 28, 2015 23:51 (6 years ago)
Does this look good?
it is my first attempt on making accessories.
April 29, 2015 0:09 (6 years ago)
Okay so I tried to make a basic outfit. How does this one look?
April 29, 2015 20:23 (6 years ago)
@senverbrino (Think i spelt that right) Those are some cute little glasses! Though with the lighting on the glasses, it looks like the light is coming from two different places, on this doll base the light comes from the top left. Also with the glasses Karin doesn't like it when you block the expressions too much.
Why not try making hand held glasses like that?
@DollBae I like the cute color scheme you've got going for your outfit!
Overall i'd say you might want to darken your highlights.
And with the shading you need to remember the lumps and bumps on a person torso, such as your stomach, and the the fact the top looks skin tight, try adding some fold to it too make it look slightly baggier, for that i suggest looking at real picture of shirts, see how they fall and lay.
With the skirt It kinda looks like someone is pulling it from the right, if you know what i mean? The fabric should fall down more naturally and round off at the bottom.
My advice to you would to go look at other pixeling items and zoom in on them, this will help you with your shading. :)
April 29, 2015 21:06 (6 years ago)
Thank you so much for your help :D
April 29, 2015 22:08 (6 years ago)
Okay, I think I may have it down now?
April 30, 2015 4:27 (6 years ago)
still darker on the shading and make sure that nothing is flat on the body. The bottom of your shorts and suspenders are completely straight, you need to curve those slightly to "wrap" around the body :3
April 30, 2015 11:23 (6 years ago)
Thank you for the advices guys. Sorry I haven't been online for the past few days....and I promise you I'll improve my works. Thank you. :D
April 30, 2015 11:24 (6 years ago)
BTW, hamburgers? Sure! I love burgers so much!!!
April 30, 2015 11:25 (6 years ago)
You guys are just so great in giving advices......
May 1, 2015 0:36 (6 years ago)
Okay did the advise, so how's this?
March 23, 2016 23:35 (5 years ago)
how do i make it look like its pixel, do i have to get a painting app for it?
March 24, 2016 5:23 (5 years ago)
You can use microsoft paint, photoshop, or basically any digital artwork program. I personally use photoshop which has a pencil tool and you just make the eraser 1 pixel wide with no opacity or transfer etc. But for most programs you'd just have the smallest brush size possible, and make sure theres no anti-aliasing going on. Hope that helps at all~
June 14, 2016 14:11 (5 years ago)
There is a severely out of date PAINT tutorial located
>> HERE <<
Should you need any further assistance, don't forget to ask~!
May 1, 2020 0:04 (17 months ago)
This is a test, man.
May 29 3:19 (4 months ago)
May 29 3:21 (4 months ago)
idk if that link will work but i just found this website and i wanted to try to draw something :)
May 29 19:33 (4 months ago)
Ohh that's pretty cute! The outline would need to be a darker to match with our style. Do you want to become an item artist?
May 31 1:50 (4 months ago)
I can do a darker outline. I just wasn't sure how dark to do it :) I would love to be an item artist if I could
May 31 22:03 (4 months ago)
They're supposed to be pretty dark, "almost black." Anyone is able too after a "probation" period~ (my word); deff read the instructions above! ^w^
This website is ©2008-2021 Karin Driel - Content is © to the respective authors